Tuesday, January 19, 2016

TCHO TCHUNKY TCHOTELLA Milk chocolate blended with roasted haselnuts, hazelnut butter and sea salt


 




















About: TCHO is yet another San Francisco made chocolate bar, but it's not yet another chocolate. I've been consistently impressed by their bars, which they claim go "beyond fair trade" and go from "tree-to-Bean-to-Bar." The extent to which this affects the lifestyles and economies of chocolate growers is hard to say - but they are doing something very right flavor-wise. 

Flavor: This is a milk chocolate that somehow slipped into my mouth. Oy. It's cloyingly sweet, as you'd expect from a milk chocolate, and I don't fault TCHO for that. In fact, if it wasn't so excellent, I wouldn't mention it at all. But it is excellent. The hazelnut flavor hits you like a baseball bat, and then it hits you again and again. You will not eat this and wonder what kind of bar this is. And just when you've been bowled over by the full, rich flavor, the texture hits you.

Texture: Of course, it's easier to be smooth and creamy if you live life as a milk chocolate bar, but TCHO hit it with this bar. But this may be the smoothest, creamiest chocolate bar I've ever eaten. If I consider some other milk chocolates that accidentally crossed my palate, I'm amazed at what passes for acceptable. This bar sets the.. um.. bar.

My rating: 9, for a milk chocolate bar. I wouldn't eat this, and I barely finished this bar, because I don't like sweet milk chocolate. But f you are going to eat a chocolate bar, and you like hazelnuts - this is your bar.



Back to the list of bars

No comments:

Post a Comment